Episode Five: Survey: Leaders willing to outsource communications
Over 80% of modern manufacturing leaders acknowledge, according to a recent survey, that communicating with their employees is very difficult. So, how do you turn this around? Are they willing to outsource? Today, we discuss this issue in Episode 5! Listen Here.
Today’s Guest: Tom Cutler, CEO, TR Cutler, Inc.
Today’s discussion guide:
1. We learn the details of Tom’s survey: the purpose, who he spoke to, methodology, and how did he actually conduct the survey.
2. “What were the real pain points manufacturer’s were having communicating with their shop floor employees?”
3. 1,500 manufacturers surveyed…
4. How big of a deal is “aging out of the system?”
5. The complete turmoil in the battle for talent…
6. You have to learn to adapt your communication style…
7. “I don’t know how to do this…”
8. 80% of leaders said “speaking to their employees was difficult.”
9. “I am a great engineer (or great manufacturer), but I am NOT a good communicator…”
10. It’s hard enough to find skilled labor, it’s quite another to know how to communicate to them…”
11. Yes, you have to make a great product. But you also have to build a great company too…
12. The modern CEO of a manufacturing concern is more willing to trust an outsourced solution to communicate to all staff…
13. Most leaders acknowledge employees are their most important asset, but very few know how to motivate and inspire them…
14. “You can’t do LEAN, without embracing internal communication…”
15. The cost of replacing an employee is much higher than hiring a partner to help communicate effectively to your employees..
Today’s guest: Tom Cutler
TR Cutler, Inc. was founded by Thomas R. Cutler more than fifteen (15) years ago. Cutler maintains extraordinary relationships with clients, journalists, editors, trendsetters, and key business leaders worldwide and has become a key resource for those writing about the manufacturing sector.